I realized that running a business is indeed very hard and it requires constant efforts by an individual to realize the vision. At previous company, I was a virtual shadow of the CEO and most of the work at the organization was at the backend but during the latter engagement I was the face of the organization. Though I was employee at both the organization but at digital marketing agency I was responsible for the growth and the expansion.
After building a successful team, I started formulating processes for key solution offerings and make team member owners of the processes and afterwards soon started focusing on building customers for the organization. For building customers, I decided to make the process owners as the evangelist and inspire them to present their thoughts to the prospective customers through blogging, social media and trade conferences. In other way I turned the business website into a content factory for digital marketing solutions.
After presenting the organization as a thought leader in the industry, I decided to cash on the strength and started hosting webinars in the digital marketing industry for the decision makers and within few months I created huge interest of the organization's solution offerings among the industry owners. After launching various campaigns surrounding around common industry problem, I managed to sign up business owners for various offering and by the end of the year generated huge amount of revenue and during the complete journey, I focused on few important things and even expect you to learn before starting one:
- Always be aware of your vision
- Define and conceptualize the process for various product or service offerings
- Engage team in key decision making and present the team as evangelist
- Engage the team while building customers
- Never rely on single source of campaign
- Project the organization and the team as Industry thought leader
- Always be networking
- Learn what your competitors are doing and try to outsmart them by having value added solutions
- And always hear your customer as they are the center pillar for your growth